Welcome!

Knitting since 2007, self-taught. Ravelry is where my knitting is housed these days (username is eventual) or check out my podcast on YouTube!

You can also email me at akemi00@live.com if you found this page because you are looking for a pattern, chart, or have any questions about knitting!

Sunday, August 26, 2007

First projects!



All right, so I followed the easy pattern in my knitting book and created some coasters. The biggest one (variegated) is my first project, where I practiced not pulling my knitting in so tight. The one with the Slytherin colors would have looked better on the edges had I not had so much yarn to weave in. The book says to weave the yarn into the horizontal stripes, but I feel like it would be more noticeable than on the edges. I think I'll play around with that a little bit.

This one made me sad. It's my third coaster, and the yarn was supposed to be for Patriots' colors (as my boyfriend Dan is a fan of them). However, the white apparently didn't feel like cooperating with the other two colors and segregated itself in the corner, trying to make the piece look like a bad flag. Thought I'd put it up anyway.

No comments: