Welcome!

Knitting since 2007, self-taught. Ravelry is where my knitting is housed these days (username is eventual) or check out my podcast on YouTube!

You can also email me at akemi00@live.com if you found this page because you are looking for a pattern, chart, or have any questions about knitting!

Monday, September 16, 2013

My own Mario hat!!

After making the Mario Transformation hat I got the bug to make my own version! I decided to make it Super Mario World-themed based on the fact that SMW is my jam, and it'd be awesome to speedrun it wearing a hat made just for that purpose. And now I can make versions to sell since it was completely my design! ^_^

My only qualm is that I haven't really made hats for other people so I'm not quite confident in my gauge. I used size 3 needles for the brim of the hat (which I ended up doing in 2x2 seed stitch and turned out looking wavy and interesting. I like it!), and then did the rest in size 5 circular, trying to keep the tension pretty tight.

This is how it turned out! I'd have pics of me wearing it but I got my wisdom teeth out on Friday and my face is really puffy still >_<







Thanks for reading!

-Leah


No comments: