Welcome!

Knitting since 2007, self-taught. Ravelry is where my knitting is housed these days (username is eventual) or check out my podcast on YouTube!

You can also email me at akemi00@live.com if you found this page because you are looking for a pattern, chart, or have any questions about knitting!

Monday, January 21, 2008

Mom's birthday

Lately I've been working on simple small things, like coasters and washcloths. Mom mentioned awhile back that she thought it would be cool if I knitted a set of coasters for her. I have a bunch of Red Heart yarn that I never use, but I like the colors, so I made a set of four out of it. It was also her birthday on Sunday, and she wanted some armwarmers. I looked around and found a pattern that I thought was suitable. She wanted a simple pattern, but I didn't want to knit just garter or just stockinette. The pattern is called One-Day Wristwarmers. I did them on size 9 DPNs in Bernat Berella 4.
Close up of the ribbing: The thumb hole, which was so simple and easy and turned out so perfectly:


I also made a couple headbands out of some yarn I bought off of knitpicks. The first one followed the pattern I found in terms of width, but I made the back strap thin, but it was still too much for my fine hair. So this one I cut the stitches on either side of the lace pattern way down, and this is what I came up with:



I'm currently working on gloves with a simple lace pattern. I'll post pics of them when I finish!

No comments: