Welcome!

Knitting since 2007, self-taught. Ravelry is where my knitting is housed these days (username is eventual) or check out my podcast on YouTube!

You can also email me at akemi00@live.com if you found this page because you are looking for a pattern, chart, or have any questions about knitting!

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Well, I suppose I should get this thing started...

I decided about a couple weeks ago to start knitting again. Although knitting "again" is a rather loose term. I had decided to try knitting almost a year ago after I saw a scarf one of my friends had knitted with the feathery "yarn" stuff (I can't remember what it's called but I did see it at Jo-Ann Fabrics the other day). I bought the same stuff and learned the basics of knitting. Only, I couldn't do it with that type of yarn. I made it way too tight and couldn't see my would-be stitches. So I changed my mind and decided to practice with a regular ball of yarn. When school started again I forgot all about it; that is, until I came across a pattern for a HP bookscarf. Stupid old me thought I could just rush into it, and it obviously didn't work out. So I started over, small. I even bought a CHILDREN'S learn-to-knit book. I like it a lot anyway because it uses bright colors and easily-understandable language without sounding patronizing.

I'm going to put the actual first projects in another post right after this one - I don't want everyone who sees the projects to have to read my rambling preface first. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.